Sunday, August 12, 2012

Abbess Juliana has painful hand

  - about Abbess Juliana in Chile (Instructions on how to safely donate to M. Juliana - IF anyone desires to) -

     Mother Juliana has not specifically requested money help, in her illness report.  However, if anyone desires to help her,...here is the best way........
But I am not trying to promote such money help, only sharing this information....
     This link shared by a trusted member of our ROCA, living in Florida, and a friend of Abbess  Juliana: 
     If anyone would care to donate to Mat Julianna and/or the orphanage, the proper instructions are as follows:
Rd. Daniel Everiss in Oregon 



"My illness"
     Thanks be to God I could sing to day in choir, though my right  hand  hurts a lot.  But I am home in my cell, and have the unceasing fire of the Lampadka. 
     The Dormition Fast is coming and I wish you a good Feast the Transfiguration and after a good fasting to have the Feast of our Lady the Mother of God, Virgin Mary.
                                        Abbjuliana


… Only yesterday did I leave the hospital where I had been since Monday morning. The middle finger on my right hand had been swollen for almost a month. I was taking medication for about ten days, and then had to go for an x-ray. It showed no abnormality, but the physician sent me to do an “echotomology.” It was on Monday at 11 am that I had to go for this procedure. On Sunday before, during the Divine Liturgy, my hand hurt so much that I could barely hold out, but since there was no tenor present I didn’t dare leave the choir. Then I ran into a nearby pharmacy and took a painkiller right there. After getting home, I couldn’t hold a spoon in my right hand (even though I’m left-handed, I eat and write with my right hand). By night I was so dreadfully unwell that I went to bed early, which happens seldom. I was in bed at 9 pm, and at 11 pm I thought it was time to get up — and so I spend a sleepless night till 4 in the morning. You can imagine how stunned I was to find out that now I couldn’t touch my shoulder and could turn my head only with the help of both hands! I even thought of asking to fix my head unto some board (part of my nightmarish fantasy): it ached so much and seemed so unstable that I was afraid to turn left or right. Never in my life had I experienced anything like this, or seen it in other sisters. With much difficulty did I manage to get dressed, which took 45 minutes instead of the usual five or six, waited till the staff woke up, for I had a craving for hot tea with lemon. I was feverish and slightly nauseous, and my shoulders and head hurt horribly. At 7 am I asked Marina to bring me some tea. She was frightened by my appearance and my general condition. I had been sitting in a chair since 4 am, tucked up from all sides by pillows, and was shivering all over. She said that we should rush to the emergency at once. We took a taxi to the closest clinic — of the Chile Air Force. There they hooked my left arm to an IV for almost three hours. The physician looked very concerned; he ordered another blood test, a CAT-scan and an MRI, which lasted 45 minutes. They put me face down, with my right arm outstretched. At 5 pm they told me that it was risky to go home, that I should check in the hospital, and that they would ply me with medications, injections, and put me under observation!
I had no choice but to stay at least overnight. They let me go only yesterday, with no improvement whatsoever! True, my head and shoulders were no longer in pain. On the way home I remembered our local “natural healer”, who treats patients with herbs and the application of clay, and so we went to see him. There we were surprised to learn that, according to his clerk who spoke with Marina, he had no opening till December. I went in, and that clerk got up from her chair and said that she had just explained to this señorita that… but I didn’t let he finish: I cannot wait till December as I do not wish to lose my hand, which is my bread etc… I am his long-time patient; and where is his daughter? (She worked there as well as a psychologist). The daughter was away, but by luck his nurse came in, whom I have known for a long time, sat me down, looked over the paperwork, test results, x-rays, and calmed me down by suggesting the clay application, which should take two hours, and in the meantime she would talk to the “nature-doctor” about me. I let Marina and Perla go. At the clinic we were given a prescription for eight medications! I normally don’t take any, except some pills for my eyes. So I refused to take them. The doctor gave me three small vials for my anaemia, and another one, to take every other day with water or juice. It’s based on flowers and fruits and is very pleasant to taste. They came for me at 6 pm. They also gave me a German pain-soothing balm.
Today at 9 am I took a bus there by myself and got back only at 2 pm. That clay has to be applied for at least one more week, but imagine, I feel better already after just a second application. It’s a two-hour procedure each time. The clay is pristine. Today I asked to treat the other hand as well. It costs 13,000 peso (the current dollar exchange is low, $1 = 450 peso). Don’t know what the hospital will charge, they’ll bill me in ten days. I know it’s $400 a day, and I’m glad I got out quickly; they didn’t help me much anyway. They only warned me about my anaemia, and suggested a a whole lot of ailments in my hand: a viral infection, or cellulitis, or something else — the “naturalist”  has all the paperwork. As many as five things that are wrong with my hand, if I remember right.
          I think tomorrow I should be able to go to the All-Night Vigil and to the Liturgy on Sunday as well. This is how I missed the services for the Great Martyr Panteleimon and the Smolensk Icon of the Theotokos.



Dearest REAL Abbess Juliana!
May God help you in your troubles.  
And, I have shared your official Foundation of St. John  website.
Do you wish for me to send THIS donation information?  
Always your friend (though I am a poor friend who has no money),


Daniel in Oregon


Please Brother Daniel
Thank you for writing to others, I would prefer to receive checks on the name of either Abbess Juliana (in the past it was difficult to receive on this name) but now they already know me as Abbess Juliana, or Julia George Hazbun Zarzar
Casilla 27010 Las Condes
Santiago
Thank you again. I am not not a crook, but the real Abbess Juliana
   Friends are more appreciated than money, in russian we say
"Imey sto druzey a ne sto rubley"
  to have 100 friends better than hundred rublos" (russian money)
   It is important, though I did not ask for money, because I know it is hard for people. Another russian proverb says: "A thread from the universe, makes a shirt for the naked" Or :A brick from every man, acan build a house for the poor".
   For the moment, because i cannot drive the truck,  we have to ask a driver and pay him, bring food, also bake and sell the bread and muffins, kuchen that we do,on fridays,  also collect old newspaper and carton boxes to sell in the end of the month etc...
Abbjuliana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guest comments MAYBE can be made by email.
joannahigginbotham@runbox.com

Anonymous comments will not be published. Daniel will not see unpublished comments. If you have a message for him, you need to contact him directly.
oregdan@hotmail.com