Friday, May 17, 2013

Miracles of Archbishop Seraphim (Sobolev)

"The Memory of the Righteous is With Hymns of Praise! They Are in Everlasting Remembrance!"

Miracles of Archbishop Seraphim (Sobolev)

Correspondent: i-sobor incl. February 26, 2013. Posted in Bulgarian Old Church (Views: 145)




"COME TO ME, IN MY  GRAVE, AND I WILL HELP YOU"

February 26, 1950 went to the Lord a wonderful pastor and a warrior and a fighter for the purity of the Orthodox faith Bogucharskiy Archbishop Seraphim (Sobolev) . Born and educated in Russia, he found his final resting place in Bulgaria, where he served since 1921. As a theologian, he is known for his uncompromising stance towards ecumenism, modernism and the heresy of Sophiological, by Fr. Sergius Bulgakov. In doing so, the Bulgarians are much more aware of, "Grandpa Bishop Seraphim" though he is not a theologian, but as a pious and ascetic saint to whom God has given the abundant grace of miracles. Pupils and students come to the cancer "grandfather" in Sofia Cathedral of St. Nicholas, to ask for a good estimate of the exam, patients with cancer - with a request for healing, sad and the grieving - with the hope of consolation.

Below we publish the evidence of the miraculous help of Bishop Seraphim, collected by the clergy of St. Nicholas Cathedral Sofia (Bulgaria). Some of them are published in Russian for the first time.


Healing Breast Cancer

The story of the father NN, a priest. Tetovo that came from near the town of Ruse:

In August 1984, my wife, mother Marina A., found a lump in her left breast. After the first examination in our village, the doctor sent her to the city of Ruse, where she had performed on her all the medical diagnosis.. The biopsy results found: breast cancer. With a heavy heart we went to Sofia to see a doctor and professor K. D., whose patients have nicknamed him, "The Golden Knife". Accusing us that we were very late for treatment of this, the doctors appointed a day for the operation. When the patients saw us in the [surgical] department, they began to say, "Well, if a priest brought his wife, here, [if she is afflicted with cancer], it means - that there is no God."
After her examination, we walked for a long way, in Sofia, understanding that our only hope was for a miracle. We prayed in the church of St. Alexander Nevsky and we also remembered about the Russian Church of St. Nicholas. While still a seminarian, I had heard a lot about the wonders of Archbishop Seraphim , and we knew that he had spoken to his spiritual children: "Come to me in my grave, and I'll help you."
At the tomb of Vladyka, we lit candles and prayed for a long time. I put a note on his coffin, "Father, have mercy on my mother Marina and help her." And, after that, we took some oil from the lamps at his tomb, to our Mother and anointed her forehead and the sore spot.
The operation was hastily scheduled.. That day there were three young women., scheduled for cancer surgery, one after the other. Our mother Marina became the first to be operated on. The tumor tissue was sent immediately for analysis. And lo and behold! The study showed that there are no signs of cancer. We then proceeded to the operations of the second and third women. Both also found no cancer. The amazement of the doctors knew no bounds, "How is this possible? It's a miracle! "Cheers resounded:" There is a God! There is a God! "Verily, God is! There are, thank God, and the prince of the Seraphim, who had heard our prayers and helped us. And now, for nine years my dear mother is alive and well!


The bus will mend "itself"

KP, a famous art critic in Sofia, together with a group of artists went on a small bus to Veliko Tarnovo, where they were to participate in a meeting of the artistic committee. Unfortunately, on the way to a deserted place some important part of the bus broke down. The driver stopped the bus many times, coming out of it and he tried to somehow fix this broken part, so that at least they could reach the nearest village. All to no avail. Alarmed, KP remembered Bishop Seraphim, who had often helped her in her life's difficulties, and she was secretly praying fervently to him, asking that he would secure[fix] the broken part. Indeed, the bus, after her prayers moved and did not stop until they safely arrived in Veliko Tarnovo. Even at the entrance [of the town], the driver of the bus, disembarked his travelers, and went straight to the car repair station. Later, he was surprised by what had happened, telling everyone that when inspected, the broken part, it turned out, was able to repair itself, "by itself" so tightly[well], that even to try to break it, would be difficult!
  

Healing kidney

The story N.S.A. Mihaylovgrada from the city:
I have a 30-year-old son C. Five or six years ago, my son got sick in his kidneys. In Mihaylovgrade they did research that showed that he has only one kidney. I insisted on a trip to Sofia, to the Medical Academy. There, doctors found that my son had two kidneys, but one of them is underdeveloped, not working, and the boy needed to be very careful.

Last year (1992) he started to hurt again. He had to go to Sofia for treatment. Meanwhile, in a newspaper I read that many people get a lot of help from the prayers at the tomb of Bishop Seraphim. So I persuaded our son to go to the Russian church, to write a note to the lord[Vladyka Seraphim], and pray for his health. Our son, even before entering the hospital, went to pray at the tomb of the lord, [Vladyka Seraphim]. To his great surprise, he immediately felt better. And when doctors began to conduct research, they found that he was completely healthy. On this our son told them that from previous studies it was evident that he had one kidney which did not work. When the doctors examined him, including with their diagnostic equipment, it was found that both kidneys were healthy.
In a note to Bishop Seraphim, our son wrote a few more requests. In the course of one month, all these requests, to his great joy, were executed.


Assistance in obtaining Bulgarian citizenship


I am the servant of God, I., I want to tell you about the help that we received from the Bishop Seraphim. We arrived in Bulgaria in autumn 1992 from war-torn Tajikistan. My husband is a Bulgarian national. His parents in 1943 were deported from Crimea as 'enemies of the people'. I did not have relatives in Russia. Thus, according to the will of God, we are here with our two children. It was hard to get a new place of work and housing, nothing was happening.
The difficulties began with the introduction of visas between Bulgaria and Russia. It turned out that our second son, who is 13 years old, was not legalized in Bulgaria under the new law. The ministry told us that he [would be] kicked out of the country, etc. Documents for Bulgarian citizenship he also could not obtain, , as one paper was incorrectly framed. In this situation, our older son took all the [required] documents. This was in October 2004. When we left Haskovo to go to Sofia, we were sure [that we needed to go to] the Russian church. Vladyka Seraphim helped us very much. But this time I just cried beside him [his tomb] and asked him to help us resolve the issue with our son, especially since he knows [knew] how to run away from his beloved country,[Russia], leaving everything behind, - home, work, etc., to live in a new place. Imagine our surprise when, a few days after applying for citizenship, our eldest son, was summoned to Sofia, and it turned out that our children were already citizens since 1994, allowing the legalization issue, to be decided in only a few days. And now my family has [no] difficult troubles finding jobs and housing, in my opinion - thanks to the prayers of the Bishop Seraphim.


Healing from sinucita

GT story
Since childhood I have suffered sinucitom.[infected sinuses], Frequent headaches tormented me. In cold weather, I was always ill, but did not give it much importance, I did not use drugs and I had not gone to a doctor.
From a friend of mine, I learned about the lord[Vladyka] Seraphim and I often went to his grave to pray. One day in 1992, when I came to pray to [Vladyka Saraphim], and as I laid my head on the marble slab, [of his tomb], I suddenly felt a warm wave that penetrated my being, carrying away the weight of my head. From that moment, the headache left me, and I began to breathe freely. Now, I have already forgotten about my previous illness. I always thank God for it and Bishop Seraphim..


Help with Exams

The story AG of Sofia

Many times I have sought help from Vladyka Seraphim and I often went to pray at his grave. I am a student at the Sofia, University of St. Kliment Ohridski. By God's grace and with the help of the lord[Vladyka Seraphim], I still never fail the tests.
The first two exams in the summer session of 1993 were in the subjects' analysis. Part II "and" Differential equations "were very important. They were even considered as the most difficult subjects of all the training. I prepared for them diligently, but my fears were not declining, but they even increased, and every evening I prayed hard to God.
To Vladyka, in his grave, I went very often. And the miracle happened: despite my anxiety, by the prayers of the lord[Vladyka Seraphim], I received wonderful help.. For each question, a professor in my head,"appeared" & gave me the right answer. As if someone was telling me what I had to say. Listening to the questions asked by other students, I realized that for many of them, they were unable to answer the questions, and I could not answer them myself, then. A few minutes later, when the same questions were asked to me, I immediately answered correctly. This fact struck me very much, and I well knew who gave me, that knowledge. Thanks to the wonderful care I received from Vladyka, of the two exam marks of "5" ("good") and "6" ("excellent"). And mine was the only one among the six evaluations who presented themselves for this examination, among many other talented and hard-working students who are more capable than me. I thank God and Bishop Seraphim for this mercy, for what I have accomplished, not only in my third year, but because I am one of the best students.



Healing of skin cancer

The story of JM of Sofia:

About three years ago, on my back, on the skin, there was a dark spot the size of a 20-penny coin. In July 1998, it began to increase. This was the cause of my consultation with a dermatologist, who recommended to me, to have surgery done.
After the operation, I had performed on me, and with further diagnostic research. I had two consultations - at the Medical University of Varna and at the National Cancer Center in Sofia. There were two different diagnoses, one of which was, of : "skin cancer - malignant melanoma."
With the support of the managment of the company in which I worked, I was able to arrange a trip to Germany for further advice and treatment. On the day of the flight to Munich, I visited the grave of Archbishop Seraphim in the Russian Church. With all my heart I asked him to beg for me from our Heavenly Father, my deliverance from this dangerous illness, and then I wrote my request on a sheet of paper. In Germany, it was confirmed, my bad diagnosis, and I had a second operation.
One night, after all this, I had a dream that I was back in front of the tomb of Bishop Seraphim in the Russian church and I humbly prayed to him for help. Then something rustled[moved], It lifted its head [the marble slab on the tomb] and I looked up - to the cross.[above the tomb], To his right, leaning toward me, was Bishop Seraphim, with his white hair and a beard.
"Nothing bad will happen to you, Julian! - He said. - It's time to calm down and think about your family! Are you well? "


Rescue from a car accident and healing from cancer

MG story and RI from the town of Gabrovo:
I want to talk about what happened to me in 1995. In December of this year my husband and I were at a party in Germany, in the city of Duisburg, with friends. On 29.12.95 we went home to Bulgaria. The winter was fierce. The snow was a meter or more high. The roads were not cleaned because in Western Europe, there at that time were the holidays. The fog was thick. My husband was driving. I prayed in my mind constantly, and I probably fell asleep. In front of me there was an old man (now I know it - my native St. Seraphim , but then I did not know). He stood in front of me, dressed in white, with white hair, holding a scepter in his hand, and his eyes were so sweet, so kind, so full of love. I do not remember what he said to me, but I remember that he tried to convince me of something. I just woke up and I looked at my husband. The car then went off and deviated from the road to the left, and my husband dropped his head on the steering wheel and ..he was asleep. "Oh - I grabbed his hand and shook him - what are you doing!" Glory to God and my father Seraphim for everything! My husband woke up and said, 'You know, I fell asleep! "
Then one friend took me here, to the Russian church to the crypt, and he, my father Seraphim was in front of me, in his portrait: smiling, and he was looking at me. I fell on the tombstone and kissed him for a long time. He saved us!
I also want to tell you what happened in 2003 with my cousin R. from the town of Gabrovo..

She got sick. She was diagnosed with cancer of the uterus. She was 42 years old. It had metastasized into the intestine. Doctors were not going to operate on it in Gabrovo, and gave her a referral to Sofia. She came to me because I was an associate professor of oncology, at the hospital, 'T'. She stayed at my apartment. My sister, then went to a large hospital. My sister was monitored by various equipment and was told to hurry to get her operation.. But at this point, she and her husband were out of work, and they stayed here for the follow-up survey and for the operation -for which he [would have to] pay money. Then she decided that she would return to Gabrovo and get more[diagnostic] research, for free, and then come back for, the operation. Before the train asrrived,. suddenly she said to me: "You once told me that in the Russian church are the relics of Saint Seraphim, archbishop of Bogu and that his grave has long worked wonders. Let's go to it! "Come here and write a letter to our dear priest Seraphim, of my case and issue. She did not know how to behave at the grave. I said to her, , "Look what I'm doing, and so do you, the same. Pray to the lord[Vladyka], with all your heart with tears. " And then she said to me: "When I touched the grave - It was like an electric shock hitting me.. "It is the grace of it - I said - do not be afraid." Then the priest, Father Nicholas, a resident clergy there, said a prayer for the success of her operations. She then left Gabrovo. I waited a day or two, & for days more.. My phone did not ring. My neighbor, Associate Professor T. said, "Well, Mila, what are you waiting for? It has metastasized, [he assumed the worse]. " When my sister finally called, I immediately began to upbraid her, and with her happy voice she said, "Well, why did you not ask me what were the results of my examination?- Nothing!- I have no more cancer, I am completely healthy! "


Appeal to faith

The story YA.M.A. of Sofia:
I have a cousin in St. Petersburg, who was not baptized as a child. As an adult, he still refused to accept baptism, but by this time the churches were opened [and canceled was the universal atheism. By the way, atheism to our family never caused things like that, so it seemed odd that a young person refused baptism. I with my aunt, his mother, and spoke to him, and lightly pressured him, but nothing helped. So then, I figured what would help would be to send prayers to Bishop Seraphim, and I wrote Vladyka Seraphim a note and dropped it in the prayer request box, which was standing near his crypt in St. Nicholas Church in Sofia. The answer "came" fairly quickly: now I can not say for sure, but I think after a week my cousin was sent on a mission -to a professional conference in Israel. My brother flew to Tel Aviv in advance - on Saturday. Then he said: if all life died out,[if worse comes to worse, who can help me here?, etc], there was no place to buy a bottle of mineral water, & nothing to do, etc. Just in case, my aunt gave him the phone number of her daughter's best friend - a young Orthodox woman living in Israel. My brother thought and he accepted this help, and introduced himself & he called upon this woman, and the woman immediately came and took him to Jerusalem. On this trip, my brother remembered it as "himself being in another dimension". Something happened to him. And almost immediately after his return to St. Petersburg - about a week later, - he, being 30 years old, received holy baptism, and the next day took communion of the Holy Mysteries.


Healing of Cancer

The wife of Dr. KJ from Nova Zagora, R., ached from cancer in his stomach. Her husband, a doctor, saw to it that all of the diagnostic studies were done, and after the diagnosis sent her for an operation to the capital. Arriving in Sofia, R. first went to the grave of Bishop Seraphim , whom she had previously deeply revered, and she prayed fervently that the operation would be successful. Then she went to the hospital. Before the operation, she repeated all the research again. And what happened? It turned out that she had no cancer!


Certificate of Jasmine Nikolova

Jasmina Nikolov, 65 years old, from the city of Sofia:
Much time has passed since the day when to me the miracle of healing at the tomb of Bishop Seraphim Grandpa occured.[2] . And after two or three years, I learned that the evidence of such cases are being collected to canonize Grandpa. Ingratitude - that's the only word I can say about myself, because only now have I found the time and conscience to write about what happened to me then. So that I am like those nine evangelical[Gospel[ healed ones, who did not return to thank Christ [3] . Therefore, for this, I sought forgiveness from my heart.
It all started in the summer of 2004. I was two or three years on the path of faith. One day we went for a walk with our daughter and granddaughter and we went to drink coffee. Soon I felt bad and returned home. I felt very bad, I was lying down, and all of a sudden in my mind there was the name of the elder Seraphim of Sarov. I began to pray to him to help me and vowed to give up my vice - cigarettes. When I got better, I bounced back and eventually started smoking again, although this was internally tormenting me.. It was very depressing to me, because in fasting and preparing for the sacrament, I realized that you need to give up this vice.
But contrary to my vow I continued to smoke. And in the early spring of 2005, I again felt bad. I barely got to work, and then I went to my personal physician. I had the feeling that I had had a heart attack. Sitting in front of the doctor's office, I again prayed and gave my second vow to quit smoking for good. But here I got better and I had forgotten that vow again and again I began to smoke.
I already knew what was happening to me was something serious and I needed help to cope with this vice. Then I went to the tomb of Grandpa Bishop. I was praying for both of them, Vladyka Seraphim and St. Seraphim of Sarov, and I clung to the coffin and cried and prayed. I do not remember what I said then: I prayed, forgetting everything. I felt better, I left. And in the morning - as if I had never smoked a cigarette, the craving to smoke, no longer existed for me. A miracle, a miracle and a miracle - no other explanation, and I do not need it: to me it was a miracle, and it is still with me.
Great blessing for my sinful soul, the great mercy.
I bow and give great gratitude to both of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Guest comments MAYBE can be made by email.
joannahigginbotham@runbox.com

Anonymous comments will not be published. Daniel will not see unpublished comments. If you have a message for him, you need to contact him directly.
oregdan@hotmail.com